No doubt washing our hair at regular intervals, makes our hair freshen and smell good. But due to our hectic life schedules, we hardly get time to take care of our hair and wash them regularly. Also, another reason for not washing your hair regularly is that it can result in damage to your hair.
Every individual has got a unique hair odor. Sometimes we even wash our hair but the smell of our shampoo doesn’t last long on our hair. This article is all about how to freshen hair without washing. Sometimes due to sweat, dirt, or bacteria, your scalp smell really unpleasant, which is why our hair starts smelling unpleasant.
HOW TO REMOVE ODOR FROM HAIR WITHOUT WASHING IT
Who doesn’t want to have a good smelling hair? Well, in the hustle and bustle of our day to day activities, we forget to provide attention to our hair. But when suddenly we have to go to some urgent meeting or party, we have no choice but to go with some easy peasy hack to make our hair smell good. So, let us learn some of these easy ways to tackle the bad odor of your hair.
- Using a scented dry shampoo: Dry shampoo can come in handy, especially when the smell of your shampoo doesn’t retain longer in your hair. Sometimes, when we are in a hurry and unable to wash our hair, then one of the best ways in which we can make our hair smell good is with dry shampoo.
You just have to apply dry shampoo in your hair and let it settle down without rinsing it with water. After using a dry shampoo, your hair will look fresh and starts smelling clean in a matter of seconds. If you are confused about which dry shampoo you should purchase, then I would recommend batiste fruity and cheeky cherry dry shampoo.
- Masking bad smell from hair: Another way to remove bad smell from hair is to either absorb it or to mask it somehow. The simplest way to mask it is obviously by using a hair deodorizer spray. If the smell in your hair is mild, you can use a few spritzes of your favorite perfume which can cover the bad smell of your hair.
However, make sure that you don’t use a lot of perfume together. This is because two strong odor will come together. Also, try to use perfume that is alcohol-free because alcohol can damage your hair. Also Read: HOW TO BRUSH OUT CURLS WITHOUT RUINING THEM?
- Keep your combing brush always clean: There are a lot of queries people have about how to get the smell out of hair? I must say that the very first step that you should take in order to do this is to clean you combing brush and hair accessories regularly. Try to wash your brush at least once a week and if possible then avoid sharing your brush with other people. This will help you a lot in order to avoid bad odor from your hair.
- Protect your hair from heat: Before you use any hot tool on your hair, make sure that you apply some natural heat protector product. This will not only help you to protect your hair from damage but will also make them smell good after straightening and drying it. In case you love the smell of your hair serum, then you can add the drops of the same all over your hair.
- Dry your hair properly: It is not a good idea to go to bed with your damp hair. This is because damp scalp can promote fungi, which in turn can make your hair smell bad. So, whenever you wash your hair, make sure to dry it thoroughly before going to bed.
- Use baking soda: Baking soda is a universal ingredient that is used in our houses for a number of purposes. The surprising thing is that this ingredient can also help in removing bad odors from your scalp. Taking some baking soda and rubbing it on your scalp will solve your problem. After that remove the excess by using a comb and see the wonderful end results.
- Try to avoid smoke: One of the best ways to avoid bad odor in your hair is to avoid being in an environment that smells bad. One of the most common smells or odors that easily gets into your hair is cigarette smoke. But in case you can’t quit smoking, then at least smoke in an open area so that the smell cannot get into your hair easily.
- Using essential oils: Essential oils like coconut oil or lavender oil will not only help in the hydration of your scalp but will also make your hair smell good for a longer period of time. In case you are new to essential oils and need a recommendation, then I would recommend you to Kama Ayurveda essential Lavender oil.
- Changing your pillow covers regularly: We least care about our pillow covers, but do you know that pillow covers absorb all the grease and grime from your hair. So, make sure to wash your pillowcases regularly and also spray your best perfume to make them smell good.
- DIY dry shampoo: Looking for ways on how to clean hair without washing? Dry shampoo is the best option. If you do not want to purchase it, then you can also make your DIY dry shampoo at your home. The ingredients that you need are talcum powder, aloe vera, chamomile extract, and lemon extract.
What you need to do is to mix all the above ingredients together and get a consistency of a powder. Your DIY dry shampoo is ready for application. Apply in the roots and at the ends of your hair.
Apart from the above-stated methods, you must use a shampoo that makes your hair smell good. I am sure that you can find a lot of these options on the internet. So, whenever you are in a hurry and can’t wash your hair, don’t forget to try our methods. You can also comment down and let us know your ways of making your hair smell good.